Friday, May 4, 2007

Step Up to the Mike

Molly over at Holamole’ grabbed a meme from one of her readers and I jumped in and asked to be interviewed. Here are her questions and my answers.

1. Being originally from Canada do you think you’ll ever move back there? Why or why not?
I’ve never had any real yearning to move back to Canada, I’ve been gone for nearly 20 years now so it doesn’t feel like home anymore. When I was there I lived in the suburbs of Vancouver and I definitely would not want to move back there, so if we were to move to that area it would be to a totally different environment. I do love Vancouver Island and could see myself there; my Dad and a favorite aunt and cousins are there and there is a big swath of Pacific Ocean and a ferry ride between me and my mother.

2. Since you are a relatively new horsewoman do you have any advice for other women wanting to make the leap for the first time in their adulthood?
Just do it! Don’t think you are too old to start something new. Find a place where they teach other beginners of all ages, a place you don’t feel uncomfortable and give yourself some time to make progress.

3. How do you imagine your life with Missy 10 years from now?
I’d like to think she and I would be able to do anything together – jumping, trail rides, even therapy work (I already do therapy work with one of our dogs).

4. We’ve got similar taste in movies (from your profile.) What is the last movie you saw that made you include it in your short list? Any obscure movies that you loved?
The last movie that made the list was either Chocolat or The English Patient, nothing I’ve seen recently has really rocked my world. Probably the most obscure movie that DID rock my world was Closet Land, starring Alan Rickman and Madeleine Stowe, and only those two. It isn’t for the faint of heart, and for someone with abuse in their background at times it is almost unbearable to watch, but the performances are incredible.

5. What are the ups and downs of having a step-son?
Honestly there has been no down-side. We gained more of a young adult friend than a step-son, he doesn’t ask anything of us and we have a very easy and friendly relationship. It still makes me almost giddy to be with him, he looks so much like his father and they are so alike, in all the best ways, my heart just swells with love and gratitude that he chose to allow us into his life.

If you'd like to play, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” I will respond by asking you five questions in the comments here on this post so check back here. I get to pick the questions. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions, and so on...

8 comments:

  1. Love these posts, it's cool learning a little extra about the people I stalk.

    Interview me please

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love to learn more about the people behind the blogs I read....

    Bit scary, but interview me please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun...I would love to be interviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've got your hands full with interviews, so I'll reserve my meme-iness for another time. I love reading these; be sure to post a link to your interviews when they go up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read these but I get brain dead about doing them. For some reason my brain reacts to the structure of questions or formats with nothing but a big blank.

    Maybe it's really just blank all of the time and I only notice when I'm supposed to be saying something in particular. Either way, I'm a coward....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Donna. I love the idea of doing therepy with Miss.
    I've got an aunt who lives on San Juan Island and so understand the beauty of Vancouver Island.
    And, by the way MiKeal, you are not off the hook. I'm sure your story is quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you about just getting on a horse no matter your age. I started riding several years ago with my 10 year old daughter. It was wonderful to share the experience with her, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching her learn and grow as a rider.

    ReplyDelete