Friday, June 22, 2007

A Stitch in Time

Today is my 43rd birthday. I've always loved having a summer birthday, the first full day of summer, actually. Since my mother was in labor for the entire previous day and I wasn't born until 11:30 at night she likes to remind me that it was the longest day of her life, not just the year. Thanks, as always, Mom, for your insight and compassion. Did I mention the part about me being a mistake?

This past year has been one of the best years in a long time. Riding has not only brought me the newest love of my life in my beloved Mystere, it has instilled a revived sense of accomplishment and purpose, and it has also brought me into the fold of a wonderful community.

Speaking of Miss, she got her staples and stitches out on Tuesday and the wound looks great, although the scar will take some time to fade. I'll be riding her later today, a wonderful gift.

To replace those stitches, Tucker had some put in on the same day. Sometime during our trip to the dog park a piece of foxtail got embedded into one of his paws and we didn't notice until it had formed a nasty abcess, which had to be lanced and closed back up. Tucker is like a six year-old boy who is always skinning his knees: he plays so hard and doesn't care about much other than his ball, his dinner and cuddling.

Since I already have the aforementioned birthday diamond pendant necklace, we'll just be heading out to one of our favorite bistros for dinner sometime this weekend. My own Summer of Love has just started, won't you join me?

17 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! We are the same age until Halloween, when I jump ahead again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!I am glad you are having a good one. I turned 45 earlier this month and it was a terrible day, as the lprevious 3 have been. Pretty sure I don't ever want to have a birthday again.

    Oooh, I'll join you...I really need some lovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a lovely birthday and wonderful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a fabulous birthday, and another wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. Happy birthday. What a wonderful age and what a wonderful day for celebration.
    Missy, pendant, summer. Nothing could be finer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Girl! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I can't think of a better way to celebrate than on the back of a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, from one cancer baby to another!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Donna, happy birthday! I am so glad the past year has been so good to you. May the coming year be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated! Hope you had a super ride. You hit the nail on the head when to mentioned how your horse has opened up new challenges, accomplishments, and friendships...plus, it keeps us 40-somethings fit at the same time! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday sweetie, I hope you had a lovely day. I've always wanted a summer birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! I am so gload that your horse and your dog are on the mend and that you sound so good. You surely look pretty good with that think around your neck, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, dear lady! I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! Your birthday is the day before my DH's! :-) He turned 43, too.

    ReplyDelete